What are cookies?
How long do cookies last?
Cookies last for different lengths of time depending on what they are used for.
- Session cookies are temporary cookies and are only stored until you leave the website or when you close your web browser.
- Persistent cookies last for a fixed period of time, defined within the cookie, and allow the website to recognise the device again when the user returns to that website on that device.
Who sets the cookie?
- First party cookies are set by the website that you are visiting and can only be read by that website.
- Third party cookies are set by an organisation other than owner of the website. This might be for the purposes of website measurement, being able to watch a video on the site or for the purposes of advertising.
- Both first and third-party cookies are set on Greg Rowe brand websites.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These types of cookies are used to make sure parts of a website work and that you can use the site effectively, such as remembering certain information on a form when you go to another page before the form has been completed. On Greg Rowe brand websites we use strictly necessary cookies to:
- Remember information you've entered on our registration forms, product detail and product purchase pages when you navigate to different pages in a single web browser session
- Remember correct registration details when you have made a payment to us.
The cookies that we have defined as 'Strictly Necessary' cookies will NOT be used to
- Gather information that could be used to advertise products or services to you
- Remember any preferences you have set beyond the current visit
If you prevent these cookies, you may not be able to use certain features on Greg Rowe websites.
These cookies are used to measure the performance of websites and see how websites are used. We use performance cookies to improve how the website works and measure our marketing activity. Information that is collected using these cookies are aggregated and anonymous and we are not able to identify individual users with these cookies. On Greg Rowe brand websites, we may use performance cookies to:
- Provide aggregated statistics on how our website is used.
- See how effective our marketing activity is (we don't use this information to target adverts to you when you visit other websites).
- Provide feedback to partners that one of our visitors also visited their website. This lets our partners improve their website. We don't allow our partners to reuse this information for further advertising.
- Help us improve the website by measuring any errors that occur and also to improve the performance of the site.
- Test different designs of page on our website.
Google Analytics is an analytical tool that helps website owners understand how visitors engage with their website. Google Analytics uses first-party cookies to track visitor interactions – this data is used to help us improve our websites and the user interaction with our sites. Google Analytics collects information anonymously. It reports website trends and does not identify individual visitors. You can opt out of Google Analytics without affecting how you visit Greg Rowe sites –visit this Google page for more information.
Cookies we have defined as performance cookies will NOT be used to
- Gather information that could be used to target you with advertising on other websites.
- Remember any preferences you have set beyond the current visit.
These cookies allow websites to remember choices you make (for example, your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. They may also be used to provide services on the site such as watching a video. These cookies do not track your browsing activity on other websites. Cookies defined as 'Functionality' will NOT be used to gather information that could be used to target you with advertising on other websites.
We use functionality cookies on Greg Rowe brand websites to:
- Remember settings you've applied such as layout and text size.
- Remember if you have already completed our online survey.
Advertising or Targeting Cookies
These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator's permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organisations such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation. We may collect information about your computer, including your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and in order to create reports. Statistical data collected about browsing actions does not identify any individual.
How to Manage Cookies
If you wish to restrict or block cookies set by Greg Rowe brand websites, you can do this through your browser settings. You can use the help function in your browser to do this or you may wish to visit www.aboutcookies.org which contains comprehensive information on how to delete or block cookies on a wide variety of browsers. For information on how to restrict and block cookies on the browser of your mobile phone you will need to refer to your handset manual. Greg Rowe and Greg Rowe brand websites are not responsible for the information and also the setting of cookies on other sites. Please be aware that restricting cookies may impact on the functionality of the Greg Rowe brand website you are using.